Our Services

Our Firm has extensive experience in immigration law and we know what is needed to help you achieve your goals. Our Attorney will guide you through the complicated immigration process while making sure that your rights are protected.

canals immigrations law services thumb

Court Representation in Bond and Removal Proceedings

Immigrants placed in removal or deportation proceedings do not have a right to a government-appointed counsel. That is why more than a third of Respondents in Immigration Court appear without an attorney. Studies have shown that hiring an attorney has a profound impact on the immigrant’s case outcomes. An attorney will protect your rights while making sure that you receive a fair hearing.

Inadmissibility and Deportability Waivers

Some persons, knowingly or unknowingly may become ineligible for a visa or for lawful permanent residence in the United States. This could include past criminal convictions or for residing illegally in the United States, among many others. What many people don’t know is that there are several waivers or “pardons” available that can forgive some past offenses. If you have not filed your application for status because you believe that you may be inadmissible or deportable, consult with a qualified immigration attorney to explore your options.

canals immigrations law services thumb
canals immigrations law services thumb

Family Based Petitions

Family unification is an important principle governing immigration policy. The family-based immigration category allows U.S. citizens and LPRs to bring certain family members to the United States. In order to be admitted through the family-based immigration system, a U.S. citizen or LPR sponsor must petition for an individual relative, establish the legitimacy of the relationship, and meet minimum income requirements, among others. The use of an attorney is highly recommended because a step in the wrong direction may jeopardize your or your family member’s ability to immigrate to the United States.

Naturalization and Citizenship

Some persons may become US Citizens through derivative or acquired citizenship if they have a parent who is a United States Citizen.  However, this law is complex and depends on may factors.

That is the reason why the majority of Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) are able to apply for U.S. citizenship through the naturalization process. Please note that an LPR has to make sure that they are eligible for naturalization before filing the application. You may have a past deportable criminal conviction on your record or some other ineligibility that could cause you to loose your LPR status if you apply without having this legal knowledge. It is important to speak to a qualified immigration attorney to make sure you are eligible before you apply for naturalization to protect your LPR status in the United States.

canals immigrations law services thumb
canals immigrations law services thumb

VAWA and U visas For Victims of Crimes

There are several categories of legal admission available to people who are victims of crimes inside or outside the United States. Asylum may be available to those fleeing persecution or who are unable to return to their homeland due to life-threatening or extraordinary conditions.

U Visas and VAWA self-petitions may be available for victims of certain crimes that occur in the United States.

VAWA stands for The Violence Against Women Act. This legislation provides relief for immigrants who have been victims of domestic violence, physical or psychological by their current or former permanent resident or US citizen Spouses.

The U nonimmigrant status (U visa) provides relief for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

Our Firm has guided many victims of crimes and helped them find solace in their situation by  helping them obtain lawful status in the United States based on these humanitarian reliefs.

Temporary Visa Applications

If you are planning a visit or a temporary stay in the United States, generally the first step is to apply for a visa. That visa allows you to enter the United States to engage in certain activities while you’re here. You must apply for a specialized visa that authorizes that activity and no other. Just as these visas vary in purpose, they also vary as to how long they last. Please call our office for a consultation to determine whether you qualify and to help you obtain a U.S. visa.

canals immigrations law services thumb
canals immigrations law services thumb

Employment Based Petitions

The United States provides various ways for immigrants with valuable skills to come to the country on either a temporary or permanent basis.

Temporary employment-based visa classifications permit employers to hire and petition for foreign nationals for specific jobs for limited periods. The most common visas for temporary nonimmigrant workers include L-1 visas for intracompany transfers; various P visas for athletes, entertainers, and skilled performers; O-1 visas for workers of extraordinary ability; and various types of H visas. Our Firm has the knowledge and the resources to help employers and prospective immigrants achieve their business and professional goals.

Permanent employment-based immigrant visas require an employer who is willing and able to become a sponsor. These permanent immigrant visas are divided into five preference categories and each one has their own set of specific requirements. Having an experienced immigration attorney is essential in order to explore the best available options option and to help the employer navigate through this very complex process.

Additional Services

Please call us to inquire about our full range of immigration services such as: Deferred Action, Asylum, Parole, Appeals, among many others. We are here to help.

canals immigrations law services thumb